Which web technology investments are worth it?
October 10th, 2011
If you’re wondering which IT investments you should make that will generate the highest return, you should think of yourself as a store manager. And then ask the following two questions: 1) How do we get customers into the door? and 2) How do we react when they’ve entered?
In IT terms, this means issues like:
· Do we have the ability to immediately add and edit the latest program offerings on our site?
· Can clients register and pay on our site? Is it a very easy process they can complete in under five minutes?
· Can we give a potential donor a way to learn about our field in an online interactive manner?
· Do we give volunteers an online way to feel that their service is being noted?
· Can information submitted online get automatically integrated with a database?
· Do we use that database to drive and track communication with our audiences?”
If your answer is “No” to any of these questions, you probably have found a candidate for a highly leveraged investment in your web technology. Here are three examples of projects my firm did recently that represent excellent investments in technology.
Integrating your website with your Salesforce database